Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Circus Museum

So today, I went to the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art to see the circus museum!!
http://www.ringling.org/CircusMuseums.aspx

They have the largest miniature circus in the world, and it was built by ONE MAN, Howard Tibbals.

Welcome to the Smallest Greatest Show On Earth!!


Mr. Tibbals worked really hard to make this a very realistic representation of the great American circus, and worked from over A MILLION photos from the 1920's, 30's and 40's.


I've always had a thing for musicians..


Wow, look!! The Sideshow!!


I wonder if I could be in the Circus...

See!! Even Tom Thumb's got nothin' on me!!


I was so inspired by my visit to the circus museum, that I'm going to get practicing right away!!


The next time you're in Sarasota, don't miss the circus museum at the Ringling Museum of Art - you have to see it to believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment